Likeability is a subjective term. Who’s likeable and how important is it?
According to Best selling author and psychologist, Richard Wiseman, in his book “59 Seconds: Think a Little, Change a Lot”, 30 years of research says it doesn’t always come down to qualifications, experience, education or a host of other criteria. Often times. it comes down to likeability.
Likeability has also been linked to the success of presidential candidates in a presidential race (as predicted in Gallup poll). Likeable people are reported to be far less likely to get a divorce, or be sued by malpractice. Likeable people are easier to work with and trusted more.
So instead of cutting your commission or adding even more designations behind your name to get business, you may want to try being irresistibly personable to help win over more clients. However, don’t go too far, or people are also less likely to trust you if you come off as “too perfect”.
Here are nine easy things you can practice to become more likeable:
1. Be known for your Positive attitude
2. Be passionate about what you’re doing
3. Have a good sense of humor
4. Assume the best in people, especially in front of others
5. Be complimentary, but not over the top
6. Listen more than you talk. Here’s how: Hear it, Acknowledge it, Add something of Value
7. Be known for your adaptability
8. Be polite. Have good manners, good grooming and good language
9. Be humble
And what would you think the 10th thing would be?
We Are Now Accepting Qualified Listings
Call Today for More Info on Our
Distinctive Marketing Plans
And thank you for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection.
Michael Caruso, Broker Associate ABR ABRM CLHMS CRB CRS GREEN GRI
Past President, Orange County Association of Realtors (949) 495-8600