With the days lengthening and weather warming, spring is a good time to get outdoors and tackle some larger home projects, like your sprinkler and irrigation systems. Checking these systems in the spring can save water—and save your plants. Here are some tips for checking your watering system:
- Run the system through all the zones manually and walk the property.
- Make sure none of the heads are broken or damaged.
- Adjust any heads that are spraying the house, especially windows, as this can cause moisture problems.
- Adjust heads that are spraying the street, sidewalk or porches to avoid wasting water.
- If you don’t know how to maintain your sprinkler system, call a professional to do it. You’ll save money on your water bill and protect one of our most valuable natural resources.
For full article visit http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks