The end of 2011 is near. Are you ready for next year? What you have done recently to improve your business for the upcoming year?
I sometimes wonder what people who read various blog posts, do with the information. What do you do with it? Is there one piece of great information you’ve come across lately that you’ve acted on?
My guess is your answer would be no, and why not? Based on discussions I have with real estate professionals in the past, it seems that most good ideas are too much trouble. I am so use to hearing; “Sure, it sounds like a good idea, but I just don’t have time to try it.”
So, Here’s the Challenge!
Don’t make yourself feel informed by taking in a lot of information from the resources available to you, and then do nothing.
- When you read about real estate marketing ideas, make a list of the ones that sound reasonable. Don’t make a big task out of this. Open a Word document while you’re making your online rounds. Then, just copy the URL for the page containing the intriguing idea and paste it into the Word document.
- At the end of the month, review and prioritize that list in the Word document.
- PICK OUT ONE THING THAT YOU WILL TRY THE FOLLOWING MONTH!
- During the following month, actually try the idea out.
- Review the results you got from the trial.
- If you think you need more insight, keep that idea in motion.
- If you think it’s really a dud, forget it.
- If you think there is potential, aggressively integrate the idea into your routine.
And thank you for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection.
Michael Caruso, Broker ABR ABRM CLHMS CRB CRS GREEN GRI
Past President, Orange County Association of Realtors (949) 753-7900 (949) 753-7900