Happy April Fools Day! I am sure many of you have already participated in or had a prank done to you! In case you are still trying to figure out the perfect prank for someone at your office I listed a few funny and easy pranks to be done around the office! Have fun!
– Use string or wire to tie your victim’s drawer shut. (You’ll need to remove the drawer above to access the back so you can accomplish this.)
– This trick works great if you work in an office building that has two entrances. Print up two signs that say “Please Use Other Door.” Put one on each door, with arrows pointing toward the opposite door.
– If you have an office phone system that allows conference calling, you can prank two people at once. Call the first victim’s extension, then very quickly call the second victim and push the conference button. Now both people will think the other person called them and will begin arguing over who called whom!
– Coordinate everyone in your office to play a practical joke on your boss. Throughout the day, each person should email, voice mail or leave a note for the boss, saying they need extended time off. Each person should give a different explanation: pregnancy, sick family member, etc.
– Go into the victim’s office and locate every pencil and pen in their desk. Paint the tips with clear nail polish. When they try to write, none of them will work. (After the prank is revealed, the nail polish can be removed by dipping the pens and pencils in polish remover.)
– Use glue to secure the victim’s handset to the phone (be sure to use glue that can be removed…check the label first because some glue will destroy plastic). Then go to a nearby phone, call their number and watch while they lift the entire phone to their ear.
– Place post-it notes on every item on someones desk labeling what each thing is. EVERY ITEM. Vintage office prank.
– Print out some pictures of a scantily-dressed girl, or other racy image. Mix them into the paper tray of the office copier or printer. When the victim makes copies, they’ll have a big surprise!
And thank you for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection.
Michael Caruso, Broker ABR ABRM CLHMS CRB CRS GREEN GRI
Past President, Orange County Association of Realtors (949) 753-7900