April 2010 marks the 42nd anniversary of the 1968 landmark Fair Housing Act. Each year REALTORS recognize the significance of this event and reconfirm our commitment to upholding fair housing law as well as our commitment to offering equal professional service to all in their search for real property.
Things you and your REALTOR Association can do to recognize Fair Housing Month:
- Sponsor a local Fair Housing Month poster contest. Afterward, make association calendars out of the artwork.
- Publish the REALTOR® Fair Housing Declaration and post it in your office and/or association.
- Use the Fair Housing Proclamation and have your local government proclaim April as Fair Housing Month.
- Display your 2010 Fair Housing FOCUS poster in your office and/or association.
- Distribute the 2010 April Fair Housing Focus Publication.
And thank you for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection
Michael Caruso, Broker ABR ABRM CRB CRS GREEN GRI
2007 President, Orange County Association of Realtors (949) 753-7900