September is National Preparedness Month and a good time to refresh yourself on what to do in a disaster situation. Ask yourself, are you and your family prepared for an emergency?
Please, use this handy Emergency Preparedness Checklist:
- Develop a family plan. Talk about the types of hazards that can occur and what to do
- Locate the safest areas in your home, community, or office in case of an emergency
- Determine escape routes from your home and make meeting places in case you get separated
- Post emergency numbers by your phones
- Don’t forget about your pets, make a plan for them too
- Stock a disaster supply kit with nonperishable emergency supplies
- Secure your home by having supplies and tools to board windows and doors if necessary
- Purchase insurance necessary for the are you live. For example, flood insurance for flood- prone areas
It’s always important to think ahead!
And thank you for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection.
Michael Caruso, Broker ABR ABRM CRB CRS GREEN GRI
2007 President, Orange County Association of Realtors