What is a staycation you ask? It is a vacation with out leaving you home or your immediate area. It can be fun and done even on the tightest of budgets.
Here are a few ideas for your staycation gathered via internet.
1. Set the Time and Date. Give your staycation a start and end date — otherwise, it runs the risk of feeling like just another string of nights in front of the tube.
2. Follow a Staycation Budget. Chances are, one big reason for planning a staycation rather than a vacation is that cash is short. Good news: You can take a staycation for next to nothing. An evening of inexpensive red wine and pizza.
3. Take a stroll in your downtown. How many times you think that the shops your are flying by again would be great to look in..so do it!
4.Stock up on Games. Add a sense of play to your staycation by laying in a stash of games.
5. Transport yourself through the magic of movie!There’s nothing like curling up together on a staycation night to watch a great movie. The ones on my list can transport you to some of the world’s most beautiful locations — Africa, Tuscany, the South Pacific.
6. Don’t forget to take pictures. Suitably attired, you’ll certainly want to make a permanent record of your staycation to look back upon fondly.
7. Read a good book No need to wait till summer vacation to tackle War & Peaceany more. On your staycation, you have the luxury of time to sit back, relax, and immerse yourself in a great book. Whether your taste runs to bestsellers, contemporary literature the classics, or travel titles, a staycation is your opportunity to mentally visit other places and times.
8. Feng Shui your home. You’re probably living in a feng shui-free zone. Undo those bad-luck omens, move the furniture, let in the light, and let the positive energy flow back into your life.
9. Water Parks and Amusement Parks. Fun to do with the kids and often times you are able to dig up a coupon on the local places website.
10. Plan a real vacation. If you’ve make it to the end of your staycation without killing each other or filing for divorce, you’ve earned yourselves a real vacation. Even if you’re short on funds, you can start saving up now for a real vacation in the future This time, circle the calendar for real. And while you’re waiting to take that trip, repeat this mantra:
Be it ever so humble, there’s no place like anywhere but home.
And thank you for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection.
Michael Caruso, Broker ABR ABRM CRB CRS GREEN GRI
2007 President, Orange County Association of Realtors (949) 753-7900