Were you busy this Father’s day and unable to spend it with good ol’ Dad? Work, illness, children, travel; there are many reasons why it wasn’t easy to celebrate this year. It’s unfortunate, but who says Father’s day should come only once a year?
Any day can be a day dedicated to your love and appreciation for your father. Spend some quality time together with some of these ideas:
- Make it a ritual to have a “date night” once a month. Go grab a bite to eat and catch a movie.
- Say in shape together. Sign up for a gym membership or play a game of tennis.
- Do something outside. Go fishing, camping, or simply take a walk.
- Use your lunch break to take Dad out for lunch instead of going with your co-workers.
- Save some money and cook together. Make a favorite you remember from childhood.
All of these are easy ways to reconnect with your father and show him that you care, everyday. It will provide great conversation and touch him like you wouldn’t believe. Even more, if you have children they will see the respect and bond you both share and strive for a similar relationship. So next Sunday why not celebrate your father?
One father is more than a hundred Schoolemasters. ~George Herbert
And thank you for making me Your Orange County Real Estate Connection.
Michael Caruso, Broker ABR ABRM CRB CRS GREEN GRI 2007 President, Orange County Association of Realtors